Create a Moodboard
Pinterest is amazing. We all thrive with a little inspiration to set our own creativity free. The internet was made to encourage and improve all of life's adventures. It is an invaluable resource when planning your photo shoot.
I recommend you browse the infinite web pages dedicated to photography to help you find and define your style. It will help you find the look and the poses you will love.
One you have some ideas create a moodboard and share it with us so we can identify the locations, the poses and the style you desire for your photo session.
What I recommend for what to wear to a portrait session
- Wear solid colored clothing. (No Logos, Loud Patterns, Graphics, Reflective Material, Neon Colors)
- Leggings will help keep diapers and young ones unmentionables well covered
- Coordinate Colors: Blues/Greens, Earth or Jewel Tones (Sapphire Blue, Emerald Green)
- Choose similar tones for your top and bottom (both dark or both light)
- Choose 1-3 colours for your group portrait, ones with similar tones that go nicely together and have everyone work within that colour palette. For example: dark green, navy, and burgundy (all dark jewel tones), or Tan, a lighter olive green, and denims ( all lighter, softer tones)
- Short Sleeves. Choose a top with sleeves at least to the elbow.
- Generally choose long pants for men/ladies or a skirt below the knee for ladies.
- Dark socks and footwear (unless it’s a barefoot photo on the beach) look best
- Keep jewelry simple and minimalistic do your hair the way you’d normally do it while wearing these clothes (I’ll explain more later)
- If getting a haircut or new hairdo, try to make your appointment at least 2 weeks prior to your portrait session.
It is very important to arrive on time and prepared for your mini-session. The rapid pace and close proximity of appointments doesn't allow for our traditional casualness of a full session.
While we will make every attempt to accommodate late arrivals the scheduled time is pretty rigid. Because of the nature of the bookings sessions cancelled within 72 hours are non-refundable. Cancelled sessions outside of 72 hours will be offered for resale. If no resale is made a 50% lost booking fee will be assessed.
Portraits proofs will be made available online as soon as possible. Please feel free to request reedits and we will strive to get your images exactly as you desire them.
Prints will be mailed 48 hours after proofs have been approved, allowing for weekends and holiday schedules.
Retainer Fee and Cancellations
BOOKING/CANCELLATION POLICY BOOKING POLICY: At the time of booking, a 50% non-refundable deposit is required to hold your date and time. Your session fee deposit can be made in the form of cash, debit/credit card, cash app, via PayPal or Venmo. Appointments made without a deposit may not be honored and are subject to cancellation PAYMENT POLICY: Sessions must be paid in full prior to shooting date or immediately upon arrival via cash or credit card. Checks are not accepted. Session end times will not be extended to accommodate client lateness.
CANCELLATION POLICY: If you are unable to make your photo session all deposits will act as a cancellation fee. 48 hours of advance notice of cancellation is required in order to credit the deposit towards a future session. The photographer reserves the right to deny service to any client(s) who repeatedly have a history of cancellations.
If Myiconography cannot perform this contract due to fire or another casualty, strike, act of God, or other cause beyond the control of the parties, or due to the Photographer's illness or emergency, then the Photographer shall return the retainer fee to the client but shall have no further liability with respect to the contract. This shall also apply in the event that photographic materials are damaged in processing, lost through the camera or other media malfunction, lost in the mail or otherwise lost or damaged without fault on the part of the Photographer.
In the event Myiconography fails for any other reason, Myiconography shall not be liable for any amount in excess of all monies paid.